Broadway Arts Access
$35 FOR 35 YEARS
The “$35 for 35 Years” Fundraising Initiative is a commitment to making touring Broadway more attainable. Throughout the 35th anniversary season, Broadway Grand Rapids is calling on supporters and theater enthusiasts to make $35 donations with the goal of reaching $35,000. These funds will be directed to the Broadway Arts Access Program, ensuring that everyone in our community has an opportunity to experience Broadway. Donations can be made at mygiving.net/campaign/35-for-35.
ABOUT BROADWAY ARTS ACCESS
Broadway Grand Rapids welcomes an audience that is reflective of our diverse West Michigan community. Our goal is to continue cultivating an atmosphere where everyone belongs through our commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility.
Broadway Grand Rapids believes the arts have the power to change the world by teaching, inspiring, and unifying audiences of all backgrounds. The arts truly transform the lives of those involved and we aim to provide opportunities for audiences to experience the magic of Broadway here in Grand Rapids.
Broadway Grand Rapids is committed to breaking down economic, cultural, and physical barriers that prevent would-be audience members from joining us. We’ve created Broadway Arts Access, which is comprised of three pillars, to help us achieve these goals.
- Seats for Kids:
- A continuation of our previous program, Seats for Kids is a scholarship fund to inspire children through the transformative power of the performing arts. Funds from this program will provide free tickets to local community service organizations and Title 1 schools, giving economically disadvantaged children a chance to see a show.
- Seats for Families:
- Seats for Families is a program to bring together the whole family for an enjoyable, engaging theater experience. Funds from this program will provide families experiencing economic hardship with financial assistance to see a Broadway Grand Rapids show, exposing multiple generations to the arts at once.
- Seats for Communities:
- A joint effort between BGR and other local non-profits, Seats for Communities is an initiative to develop new audiences throughout the area. Funds from this program will be used for community outreach as it relates to our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility efforts, including securing accessible services for performances.
If you wish to support our efforts, contributions and donations can be made here.
Contributions of $100 or more to the Broadway Arts Access initiative will be acknowledged in Broadway Grand Rapids’ programs for the season in which your tax-deductible donation occurs. More importantly, you’ll receive the benefit of knowing that your generosity has helped increase accessibility to the live performing arts.
If you have any questions or wish to know more about supporting Broadway Grand Rapids’ community engagement initiatives, please contact Broadway Grand Rapids at 616–235–6285.Application Documents
- Application for Organizations (Seats for Kids and Seats for Communities)
- Application for Households (Seats for Families)
Watch video below for more details