HAIRSPRAY, Broadway’s Tony Award®-winning musical comedy phenomenon that inspired the blockbuster film and live television event, is back on tour! Join 16-year-old Tracy Turnblad in 1960’s Baltimore as she sets out to dance her way onto TV’s most popular show. Can a girl with big dreams (and even bigger hair) change the world?
Featuring the beloved score of hit songs including “Welcome to the 60’s,” “Good Morning Baltimore,” “It Takes Two,” and incorporating “Ladies Choice” from the musical film adaption, HAIRSPRAY is “fresh, winning, and deliriously tuneful!” (The New York Times).
This all-new touring production will reunite Broadway’s award-winning creative team led by Director Jack O’Brien and Choreographer Jerry Mitchell to bring HAIRSPRAY to a new generation of theater audiences. Don’t miss this “exhilaratingly funny and warm-hearted musical comedy” (The New Yorker).
- Tuesday, November 17, 2020 - 7:30pm
- Wednesday, November 18, 2020 - 7:30pm
- Thursday, November 19, 2020 - 7:30pm
- Friday, November 20, 2020 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 2:00pm
- Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 8:00pm
- Sunday, November 22, 2020 - 1:00pm
- Sunday, November 22, 2020 - 6:30pm
Grand Rapids engagement is welcomed by CWD Real Estate Investment; Lacks Enterprises, Inc.; Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital; SHARPE; UFP Industries